Whether you have developed wrinkles, age lines and creases, or you have lost volume in your cheeks, these can take a hit on your aesthetic appearance. The worst part is that they even make you look older than you are. Luckily we have solutions for these aesthetic problems, and the Restylane St. George Med Spa provides may be just what you’re looking for to refresh your look.
WHAT IS RESTYLANE?
Restylane is a line of facial or dermal fillers, commonly used all over the world for years. In 2003, it was approved by the FDA for those above the age of 21 years old. With hyaluronic acid as its base, Restylane is injected inside the skin, from where it fills in the depressions forming the wrinkles and fine lines on the face as well as hands. It is also used for adding volume to sunken cheeks and also to enhance the size of lips.
The base of Restylane, hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring acid found in our body, in our connective tissues. The acid stimulates the production of collagen, which is an important agent in keeping our skin supple, firm and smooth. As we age, our collagen production decreases, which results in the deteriorating condition of our skin, whether this may be in the form of wrinkles, fine lines, loss of volume, etc.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF RESTYLANE?
To target these unwanted skin conditions, there are different types of Restylane, each for a different purpose:
- Restylane Silk, which is used to correct wrinkles around the mouth, as well as for lip augmentation.
- Restylane Lyft, which is used for adding volume to your cheeks while improving the natural contours of your face. It is also used for getting rid of wrinkles in the hands.
- Restylane Defyne, which is aimed at getting rid of wrinkles and lines that develop around the nose and mouth, commonly known as laugh lines.
- Restylane Refyne, which is also used to correct wrinkles that form from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Restylane can also be used for getting rid of dark circles.
It is crucial that you consult with your doctor first and consider all options and other factors so that you may choose the best Restylane treatment for you.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RESTYLANE?
If you are considering Restylane but still you are not sure, these wonderful benefits will help you make up your mind:
- Restylane can give you a youthful and refreshed appearance with toned and smooth skin.
- Restylane can give you bigger, more pronounced lips if you are not happy with the natural appearance of your lips
- Restylane can restore youthfulness to your looks by adding volume to sunken cheeks.
- Restylane can help you get rid of the common signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, and creases on your face as well as hands.
- The results of Restylane are very long-lasting, usually about six to nine months.
- There is little to no downtime required after your Restylane injections. You can carry on with your daily routine unless you have had multiple injections and your doctor advises you otherwise.
WHO IS AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR RESTYLANE?
If you identify with the following, then you may be a suitable candidate for receiving Restylane injections:
- You have wrinkles, lines, and creases on your facial skin, especially around your nose and mouth, that you want to get rid of.
- You have lost volume in your cheeks and want to restore your healthy, youthful look, while also adding better contour to your face.
- You have dark circles that you want to get rid of.
- You are not happy with the appearance of your lips and want bigger plumper lips.
- Your hands show signs of aging such as the formation of wrinkles.
- You are at least 21 years of age.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
Call us today to schedule a consultation or to find out more about Restylane treatments.