Aging is a natural part of the life cycle. But at times, you may see wrinkles and fine lines appearing sooner than they should due to several reasons. Stress, hormonal imbalance, smoking, pollution, exposure to the harmful UV rays are some of the reasons why skin ages sooner than it should. Usually, a good skin care regime and a healthy diet help to avoid skin aging but if the mirror reflects a face with unwanted wrinkles, it’s time to come to St. George Med Spa. We can help you improve the appearance of wrinkles and reverse the signs of aging.
WHAT IS RADIESSE?
Radiesse is an FDA approved volumizing dermal filler used to fill out deep wrinkles. It is a cosmetic skin treatment for wrinkles and folds around the mouth and nose. It can also be used to treat the wrinkles on the back of your hand caused by lost volume, and areas of fat loss in the face as well.
Radiesse is made of synthetic calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA), which is suspended in a gel. CaHA is like the calcium found in your teeth and bone which contains ions of phosphate and calcium that are naturally occurring in the body. CaHA stimulates the body’s natural collagen, a protein found abundantly in the body. It gives structure to bones, muscles, skin, and other connective tissues. Oftentimes, your body loses collagen due to aging or other factors. Radiesse is injected through a small needle and placed under the skin. The filler works to add volume under the skin by stimulating the body’s natural collagen, which allows the skin to produce fillers of its own. Over a period, CaHA is absorbed back in the body leaving the collagen in its place.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RADIESSE?
Radiesse smooths moderate to smooth wrinkles and folds like nasolabial folds. It has multiple benefits as listed below:
- The results of this treatment are seen immediately.
- It produces a natural-looking result as it stimulates tissue development over time.
- Radiesse boosts the production of collagen, which gives firmness, elasticity, and strength to the skin.
- It is a fast and painless treatment with no downtime and an astonishing result.
- The results of Radiesse in low movement areas have shown to last for up to three years. Results of severe wrinkle treatment can last for up to two years.
- It needs fewer sittings compared to other wrinkle treatments which also makes it budget-friendly.
- The risks associated with the procedure are comparatively lesser as Radiesse is made of ingredients that occur naturally in your body and hence compatible with your body.
Radiesse can also be used to treat deep scars, wrinkles, folds and to give volume under the facial skin and hands.
ARE YOU A SUITABLE CANDIDATE FOR RADIESSE TREATMENT?
Every treatment differs from others and every case is approached on an individual basis. While some treatments may work wonders for a certain individual, other treatments might work better for different people. It is important to know whether you are an ideal candidate for a procedure, whether the side effects will affect you more, or if you will benefit from the treatment. You may be an ideal candidate for Radiesse if:
- You are above 18 years of age.
- You do not have any infections, wounds, rashes or medical conditions in the treatment area.
- You have not had any recent facial rejuvenation surgery or procedure.
- You do not have any bleeding problems and are not on blood thinners.
- You are not pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning a pregnancy in the very near future.
SAY GOODBYE TO UNWANTED WRINKLES AND REGAIN LOST BEAUTY AND CONFIDENCE
Most medical experts suggest getting treated under experienced healthcare providers as Radiesse can cause a few side effects such as swelling, itching, pain, and redness in the treatment area. You are also advised not to hide any medical condition or ongoing treatment from your medical provider, as the results of the treatment may be affected.
At St. George Med Spa, your healthcare provider will review your medical history, present medical condition, allergies, and medications to determine whether you qualify for treatment. Getting rid of wrinkles and unwanted folds is a lot easier than you may have previously thought and it is as simple as scheduling a consultation and coming in for a personalized treatment plan, designed to recover and bring out the best in your appearance. Please feel free to contact us today for more information.