For many people who struggle with skin conditions such as acne scars, uneven skin tone, sun spots and age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, etc., microneedling is a common treatment procedure which brings about desired results. In other words, with microneedling, you can get healthy, smooth and radiant skin.
TREAT ACNE SCARS, AGE SPOTS, WRINKLES AND MORE WITH MICRONEEDLING
The process involves using an instrument made of multiple, fine needles for the creation of microscopic punctures in the skin. These punctures trigger the skin’s natural healing response, encouraging the production of new collagen and elastin to develop healthy and radiant skin. The procedure is also known as collagen induction therapy.
REJUVENATE YOUR SKIN THROUGH YOUR BODY'S NATURAL HEALING PROCESS
When a series of small channels or punctures are created on the facial skin, it results in the stimulation of the skin to produce fresh, new skin cells which are rich in collagen. Collagen is an essential protein in our body which plays a vital role in keeping the skin firm, smooth and stretchy. As a result, when collagen-rich new skin cells are produced, they can smooth out lines and wrinkles, giving an even skin tone and texture, and vanish sun spots and scars. In addition, more collagen means more volume and fullness.
At St. George Med Spa, we provide microneedling using the best tools and equipment. The best part is that the procedure is not only for the face but also for other body parts such as the neck, chest, back, as well as the back of your hands – the common area where signs of aging are seen.
Microneedling can be used to treat a variety of issues such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Sunspots and age spots
- Stretch marks or acne scar
WHAT ABOUT HOME ROLLERS?
Microneedling is a complex procedure which must be carried out only by a board-certified doctor. However, you can also find home rollers on the market, which promise to have the same effect on your skin. But the truth is that unlike professional microneedling, rollers are not as effective as they hardly puncture the skin.
Home rollers definitely seem like a more cost-effective, less painful and overall easier procedure, but compared to the results produced by microneedling, the results are very unsatisfactory. At best, you may achieve more radiant skin, but that is all.
If you’re interested in long-term results that show visible changes in your skin, then microneedling is a better option than home rollers.
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR MICRONEEDLING?
If you identify with any of the following, then you may find that microneedling is the right treatment option for you:
- You have imperfections on your skin such as fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, age spots or sun spots, reduced skin elasticity, uneven skin pigmentation, large pores, etc.
- You have stretch marks in your thighs and abdominal areas that you want to get rid of. Often, microneedling is used for this purpose and desired results are produced when the procedure is combined with the use of dermal fillers.
- You have scars on other parts of your body apart from your face, such as your chest, neck, back, and hands. However, in most cases, microneedling is used primarily on the face.
- You are not pregnant and free from open wounds and skin diseases such as eczema or psoriasis.
- You are a generally healthy individual for whom recovery after the procedure won’t be an issue.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
If you would like to find out more about microneedling, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please feel free to give us a call or fill out the form provided and we will get back to you shortly.